Undertaken study and/or training
To have undertaken study or training, a learner has previously enrolled in tertiary education. For the purposes of Fees Free eligibility, this includes:
- study or training undertaken in New Zealand and overseas.
- part-time and full-time study or training
- workplace training and apprenticeships
- New Zealand study or training that pre-dates the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) or New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF)
- incomplete study or training, including where a learner withdrew after the refund period
- study or training that received a fail grade
- study or training as a domestic or international student
- study or training that had no fees associated with it, and
- study or training that you may have accessed a student loan for or paid yourself.
Withdrawing from study or training
A “withdrawal” is when a learner stops participating in a course, programme or training scheme (regardless of whether they have been refunded any fees), either:
- by providing notice to their organisation that they wish to withdraw participation, or
- as a result of non-attendance or non-participation for any reason.