Please note your NSN will be a maximum of 9 digits. If the number you have is more than 9 digits and starts with a 0 please remove the 0 before adding your number.
Are you eligible for Fees Free and was your study adversely affected by COVID-19. Please visit the FAQs section for more information.
What is Fees Free?
You can get one year of tertiary study or two years' training up to the value of $12,000 fees-free:
- The equivalent of one year's full-time study fees-free at an institute of technology, polytechnic, private training establishment, university or wananga.
- Up to 24 months of an apprenticeship or training fees-free with an employer or industry training organisation.
Fees Free eligibility
You may be eligible for Fees Free if you are:
- a New Zealander or ordinarily resident in New Zealand; and
- a recent secondary school leaver; or
- not a recent secondary school leaver but have undertaken less than half a year of tertiary study or training.
To check if you are eligible, enter your NSN in the box above.